A black head is also known as comedo and contrary to popular belief, is not just black in colour but also white (white heads). It occurs in the form of black spots on the nose and around it on the face and may or may not occur with an acne breakout.
It occurs when there is excessive oil production by the glands of the skin which blocks the hair follicle and reacts with the keratin to form these spots. The closed comedo is known as black heads while the open ones are called white heads.
Causes of Blackheads:
Black heads occur due to many reasons like:
- Poor hygiene
- Oily skin
- PMS in women
- Washing or scrubbing the skin too much
- Skin products that clog the pores
Black heads usually appear on the face on the forehead and near the nose. This is because the hair around these areas is very fine and the pores are not very conducive to hair which makes them react to other elements as well.
HOME REMEDIES FOR GLOWING SKIN TO REMOVE BLACK HEADS:
Black heads can be removed by some simple home remedies for glowing skin:
1. Baking soda:
Baking soda is an effective home remedy to remove dirt and debris from the skin and to clear the pores. It helps remove blackheads and also reacts with the acne to help clear any breakouts.
How To Make a Baking Soda Face Pack:
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with water and make a paste.
- The mixture will fizzle at first, let it settle then apply it to your face.
- It will dry in two minutes. Keep it on for 10 minutes and wash your face with cold water.
- Do not use any soap to wash your face.
Also Read: 5 Beauty Hacks to Get Rosy White Skin
Cinnamon contains lots of anti-oxidants and also has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. One of the health benefits of Cinnamon for skin is to help clear out blackheads with regular use.
How To Make A Cinnamon Face Pack:
- Mix cinnamon powder with honey. Adding honey to it adds the beneficial effects of cinnamon and also increases the anti-inflammation property of the face pack.
- Apply this paste on your face and leave it on for half an hour.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- You can also make a cinnamon face pack with lemon juice to cleanse your face as lemon is a natural astringent and removes dirt and grime from the pores of the skin. Do these regularly for 10 days and you will see a noticeable difference.
Papaya contains anti-oxidants which are very good for the skin. One of the benefits of Papaya for Skin to clean off black heads is to use the raw papaya peel and rub it smoothly on the affected area.
How To Make A Papaya Face Pack:
- Take a small bit of papaya and crush it
- Add lemon juice to it. The natural astringent in lemon enhances the anti-oxidant property of the papaya and forms a very good facial wash.
- Apply this on your face and let it on for 15 minutes and then wash this off with cold water. Do not apply any soap or face wash after this.
Oatmeal is rich in protein and is very good for your skin. One of the benefits of Oats for skin is it helps improve the collagen counts on your face and repairs the skin from the inside to blackheads removal.
How To Make An Oatmeal Face Pack:
- Mix tomato pulp to it and make a fine paste. Tomato is also very good for the skin and helps remove scars and lines.
- Apply this paste on the face and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash it with cold water and do not apply any chemical based products after this.
- Do this after dark, preferably and do not expose your skin to the sun after.
Also Read: 6 Tips to Reduce Wrinkles Naturally
5. Lemon juice:
Lemon juice is a natural astringent and also has bleaching properties which help lighten the black heads.
How To Make A Face Pack With Lemon Juice:
- Take a small cup of yogurt and add salt and lemon juice to it.
- Apply this paste on your face and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash this off with cold water.
- You can also make a facial cleanser with lemon juice and rose water and use this to wash your face with, for 10 days.
- With regular use, you will notice a difference in the blackheads on your face.
Honey is a thick sugary liquid which is very rich in anti-oxidants and balances the pH levels of the skin. It also is an anti-inflammation which prevents any further breakouts to occur.
How to use honey:
- Take a tablespoon of honey and rub the thick liquid all over your face.
- Leave this on for 20 minutes and then wash this off with warm water.
7. Green Tea:
Green tea has a lot of medicinal properties that can be used to treat blackheads. You can create a facial exfoliate with a green tea.
- Take green tea leaves and make a coarse powder of them.
- Add a bit of lemon and warm water to make it a rough paste and rub this all over your face paying close attention to the areas affected by black heads.
- Wash your face after 15 minutes of this regime.
- You can also use soaked green tea bags and apply them directly on your face and leave them overnight.
You can use Fuller’s earth or multani mitti to create a face pack if you have oily skin. You can also make a face pack with gram flour or besan. Another natural ingredient you can use is cucumber, which is very good for your skin.
Black heads occur mainly due to pollution and if you have an oily skin. Always keep yourself hydrated and follow a good skin care regime so that you can avoid blackheads.